Wednesday, August 17, 2011

RE Follow-up

Well, I met with my RE on Monday. She was so lovely and caring, very compassionate. Anyway she answered my questions as best she could. But she had no real answers as to what happened. She said 60% of miscarriages are due to chromosomal abnormalities. She said there may or may not have been a connection between the blighted ovum and the missed miscarriage. She said that the next time around, I would get more scans and monitoring - she said there is research to say that TLC can help with a positive outcome.
I asked how soon can I do a FET? She said I can start on pill with next period and do the FET the following month.

So I am pleased that I can go ahead with treatment if we want to. We still have not made ANY decisions regarding this. I'm really unsure of what to do. Taking a break is an option but I don't know how I would feel not having a plan. So much of the infertility business is out of our control that if I can control something about it, I want to. If we take a break and in October I want to start treatment again - it gets us dangerously close to Christmas. Think I would like to start sooner. Anyway, no decisions made :)

I booked in for a hot stone full body massage for tomorrow! Wuhoo. Then am meeting friends for lunch! Lovely!

1 comment:

  1. A massage sounds lovely! Can you also have a cup of tea, a glass of wine, go on a hike and take a hot bath for me? Oh, and eggs over easy...I miss eggs over easy...lol...fingers crossed you'll have a healthy baby inside you soon enough and won't be able to do any of these things...
    Good luck making your decision...I know it's hard...but just follow your heart and whatever you decide will be the right thing...

    ReplyDelete